About the Program
Each year Alpha Lambda Delta awards 36 scholarships to outstanding undergraduate members. Five of these scholarships are valued at $6,000 each, five at $3,000 each, five at $2,000 each, and 21 at $1,000 each. These scholarships have been established to help qualified members offset the costs of education. Candidates will be considered on the basis of merit.
- Only students initiated into Alpha Lambda Delta between January 1 and December 31, 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Complete this application form, making sure to answer each applicable question completely.
- Be sure your responses are confined to the space allotted on the application form.
- Be sure you sign and date the bottom of the application form.
- Prepare the supplemental materials. Each application must be accompanied by:
- Complete official transcripts from each college/university attended;
- Two letters of recommendation, with at least one being from a faculty member. Letters may uploaded to this application or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, if the reviewer chooses to keep the letter confidential. Be sure all letters are received prior to the application deadline. Please note: ALD chapter advisors may not write a letter of recommendation.
- Your chapter will have its own deadline and processes surrounding the local competition. Touch base with your advisor with questions surrounding the local scholarship process and deadline. Your application will be reviewed at the chapter level. If your application is selected by your chapter, it will be forwarded to the national scholarship selection committee.
National deadline is April 2, 2018. Again, chapter will have their own local deadline. The scholarships would be for the 2018-2019 academic year. Recipients will be announced in July 2018.
- Acceptance of the scholarship involves an obligation to begin and complete the year of study following the award of the scholarship. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and working toward a degree.
- Any request by a recipient for an exception shall be directed to the ALD National Office.
- A scholarship will only be awarded for educational purposes.
Responsibilities of the Recipient
- Notify Alpha Lambda Delta National Office promptly of the acceptance of the scholarship.
- Upon registration, send enrollment verification to Alpha Lambda Delta National Office. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient's institution.
Please note: You will receive an email confirmation immediately after submitting your application. If you do not receive that confirmation, the application was not submitted. Be sure all required fields and documents are completed.