About the Program
Each year Alpha Lambda Delta awards 20 scholarships to outstanding undergraduate members to support their educational opportunities as part of study abroad programs. There are ten $2,000 scholarships and ten $1,000 scholarships established to help qualified members offset the costs of study abroad. Candidates will be considered on the basis of merit.
- Only students initiated into Alpha Lambda Delta prior to January 1, 2018, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- The student's study abroad program must be taken through a US-based institution. Funds will not be sent to international institutions.
- The student's study abroad program must take place between May 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019.
- Complete this application form, making sure to answer each applicable question completely.
- Be sure your responses are confined to the space allotted on the application form.
- Be sure you sign and date the bottom of the application form.
- Prepare the supplemental materials. Each application must be accompanied by:
- Complete official transcripts from each college/university attended;
- Two letters of recommendation, with at least one being from a faculty member. Letters may be uploaded to this application or emailed directly to email@example.com, if the reviewer chooses to keep the letter confidential. Be sure all letters are received prior to the application deadline. Please note: ALD chapter advisors may not write a letter of recommendation.
- Your chapter will have its own deadline and processes surrounding the local competition. Touch base with your advisor with questions about the local scholarship process and deadline. Your application will be reviewed at the chapter level. If your application is selected by your chapter, it will be forwarded to the national scholarship selection committee.
National deadline is February 15, 2018. Again, each chapter will have its own local deadline. The scholarships will be for the 2018-2019 academic year. Recipients will be announced in April 2018.
- Acceptance of the scholarship involves an obligation to begin and complete the described study abroad program within 12 months of receiving the award. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and working toward a degree.
- Any request by a recipient for an exception shall be directed to the ALD National Office.
- A scholarship will only be awarded for study abroad purposes.
Responsibilities of the Recipient
- Notify the ALD National Office promptly of the acceptance of the scholarship.
- Upon registration, send enrollment verification to the ALD National Office. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient's institution.
Please note: You will receive an email confirmation immediately after submitting your application. If you do not receive that confirmation, the application was not submitted. Be sure all required fields and documents are completed.