The Student Member-at-Large is expected to:
- Participate fully in the National Council meetings during late June.
- Participate in discussions, contribute to making decisions that ensure the Society's future and maintain its adherence to the purposes and goals established in the Constitution.
- Serve on and/or chair committees.
- Committee obligations occur both at the meeting and throughout the year.
- As the needs of the Society demand, serve on ad hoc and special committees.
- Interact with chapters and advisors as requested and appropriate.
- Interaction may include phone calls, emails, letters, attendance at initiations, and other special events. Trips to chapters are usually assigned to Council members closest to save travel costs. No trips to chapters are required; however, if one makes any trip on behalf of Alpha Lambda Delta, all expenses are reimbursed.
- Serve in other capacities that are useful to the Society.
Application & Reference Forms
If you are interested in becoming a Student Member-at-Large, please apply online. Application deadline is January 8, 2018.
Click here for the SMAL Reference Form
Applicants will be sent a notification email from the National Office when references are received. Notifications will not include the reference (just acknowledge its receipt).