Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarship Application
The application for the Trow Scholarships is available here.
Any initiated member of Alpha Lambda Delta who has maintained the cumulative grade point average of Alpha Lambda Delta (i.e., 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent) is eligible to apply for the Trow Undergraduate Scholarship for the following academic year. (e.g., a student initiated between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012 will be eligible to apply for the 2013 competition)
- The Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarship application will be available for download from the National website.
- Student applicants may download the application, or may obtain a digital copy from their chapter adviser(s).
- All applications must by typed - handwritten applications will not be considered.
- Applications must be submitted to the chapter for review. Applications will be reviewed by the chapter's scholarship selection committee, or by the chapter adviser and officers. The selected applications (number of applications to be selected by each chapter is determined by the number of students initiated by said chapter) will then be forwarded to the National competition, along with a transmittal form (available online) and a letter of reference from the chapter.
- Each complete application will include the following:
- Official transcripts from each college and university attended.
- Letters of recommendations from two references.
- The Chapter’s Scholarship Committee letter of support.
- A Transmittal form, completed and signed by a chapter officer
- Applications must be postmarked to the National Office by April 1. Local chapters are encouraged to set local deadlines as appropriate to ensure that local committees and officers are allowed ample time to review applications before the April 1 National deadline. Applicants should check with their local advisers and officers for information about local chapter deadlines.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to submit multiple copies of their application. Please submit only one copy.
- Acceptance of the scholarship involves an obligation to begin and complete the year of study following the award of the scholarship. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and must be working toward a degree.
- Any request by a recipient for an exception shall be directed to the National Alpha Lambda Delta Headquarters.
- A scholarship will only be awarded for educational purposes.
Responsibilities of the Recipient:
- Notify National Alpha Lambda Delta promptly of the acceptance of the scholarship.
- Upon registration, request the Registrar of the institution attended to send a written statement of enrollment, with the seal embossed, to the National Alpha Lambda Delta Headquarters. The scholarship funds will then be sent directly to the recipient’s college or university.