Stemler Study Abroad Scholarship Application
About the Program:
Each year, National Alpha Lambda Delta awards 20 scholarships to outstanding undergraduate members to support their educational opportunities as part of study abroad programs. These scholarships are valued at $1,000 each, and have been established to help qualified members offset the costs of studies abroad. Candidates will be considered on the basis of merit.
- Only students initiated into Alpha Lambda Delta prior to January 1, 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0-point scale (or the equivalent) to be eligible.
- The student’s study abroad program must be taken through a US-based institution. Alpha Lambda Delta will not pay funds directly to a foreign institution.
- The student’s study abroad program must take place in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Applications must be postmarked to the National Office by February 15. Local chapters must set their deadlines early enough to allow time to review the applications and select their applicants.
APPLICANTS, PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CHAPTER ADVISOR TO FIND YOUR LOCAL CHAPTER'S DEADLINE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS!
- Complete this application form, making sure to answer each applicable question completely.
- Complete the form by typing your responses directly into the computer. Do not print this form and fill in the blanks by hand. Handwritten applications WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Be sure your responses are confined to the space allotted on the application form, except for the 250-word essay, which should be attached on a separate sheet.
- Be sure you sign and date the last page of the application form.
- Prepare the supplemental materials. Each application must be accompanied by:
- Complete official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
- Letters of recommendation from two references.
- Submit your completed application packet to your ALD chapter’s scholarship selection committee. If your chapter does not have a scholarship selection committee, submit your completed application to your chapter’s advisor.
- Submit your application promptly. Your chapter will have its own deadline for the submission of Stemler Scholarship applications. You must obtain this information from your chapter; the National Office will not be able to inform you of your chapter’s deadline, nor will the National Office be able to consider applications submitted after the chapter deadline.
- Do not submit your application directly to the National Office. Applications submitted directly to the National Office WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Each chapter may submit one application (chapters initiating 150-299 members may submit two applicants and chapters initiating 300+ members may submit three applicants).
- Your application will be reviewed at the chapter level. If your application is selected by your chapter to be forwarded to the National scholarship selection committee, your chapter advisor will complete the Transmittal Checklist form (final page of this application) and include a letter of recommendation from the local chapter.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to submit multiple copies of their application. Please submit only one copy.