Each year, ALD offers several different awards for individuals and for chapters!
ALD awards over $200,000 in scholarships and fellowships annually. All ALD awards are merit-based, not need-based.
- The Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarships are awarded to outstanding sophomores, to be used during their junior year. 36 awards are presented annually:
- Five awards of $6,000
- Five awards of $3,000
- Five awards of $2,000
- Twenty-one awards of $1,000
- The James G. Stemler Study Abroad Scholarships are awarded to ALD members who are pursuing studies abroad. Each year, 20 awards are presented:
- Ten awards of $2,000
- Ten awards of $1,000
- The Alpha Lambda Delta Graduate Fellowships are presented to ALD members who are pursuing graduate or professional study at an accredited, US-based school. Each year, 24 Fellowships are awarded:
- One award of $7,500
- One award of $6,000
- Eight awards of $5,000
- Fourteen awards of $3,000
In addition to the merit awards, Alpha Lambda Delta members may receive the Maria Leonard Senior Book Award, which is presented by each chapter (participation varies) to the graduating ALD member with the highest GPA in each class. The award is presented as a high-quality book with a custom award bookplate.
Alpha Lambda Delta advisors may be nominated by their student members for the Outstanding Advisor of the Year award. Each year, the chapter whose advisor is selected as the Advisor of the Year will receive a $200 cash award from National ALD.
National Alpha Lambda Delta offers two awards for chapters: the Order of the Torch and Maintaining the Flame.
- The Order of the Torch is presented to up to five chapters each year. Chapters are evaluated based on involvement, communication, visibility, and the quality of their application. Winning chapters receive a custom-embroidered banner, a visit from a National ALD officer to present the award, and an expenses-paid trip for one student to the annual National Leadership Workshop.
- For the four years following their win, Order of the Torch chapters cannot apply for the award again. During this ineligibility period, chapters are encouraged to apply for Maintaining the Flame. The Maintaining the Flame award is judged on the same criteria as the Order of the Torch and winners are presented with an embroidered patch to add to their Order of the Torch banner.