About the Program
Each year Alpha Lambda Delta awards one $7,500 fellowship, one $6,000 fellowship, eight $5,000 fellowships, and sixteen $3,000 fellowships. These fellowships have been established to help qualified members obtain graduate or professional degrees. Candidates will be considered on the basis of merit. Fellowship recipients will be announced by April 30, 2018.
Any initiated member of Alpha Lambda Delta who has maintained a 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average through graduation is eligible to apply. Members graduating this year may apply if they have achieved this average at the end of the first semester (or first quarter) of the current year. In determining the average of eligibility, the decimal point must be a .5 or above, not a .49 or any other average less than a .5. Selection will be based on academic records, recommendations submitted, essay questions, and campus and community activities.
- Complete this application form, making sure to answer each applicable question completely.
- Be sure your responses are confined to the space allotted on the application form.
- Be sure you sign and date the bottom of the application form.
- Prepare the supplemental materials. Each application must be accompanied by:
- Complete official transcripts from each college/university attended;
- At least two letters of recommendation, with at least one being from a faculty member. Applicants may submit up to three letters of recommendation (the third letter is optional). Letters may be uploaded to this application or emailed directly to email@example.com, if the reviewer chooses to keep the letter confidential. Be sure all letters are received prior to the application deadline. Please note: ALD chapter advisors may not write a letter of recommendation.
Application deadline is January 31, 2018. The Fellowships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year. Recipients will be announced in April 2018.
- Acceptance of the fellowship obliges the recipient to begin and complete the year of study outlined in the application. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and must be working toward an advanced degree.
- Any request by a recipient for an exception to the previously stated will be directed to the ALD National Office.
- A fellowship will not be awarded for travel outside of the United States (unless the funds are to be paid to a college/university in the United States), or for independent research or study.
Responsibilities of the Recipient
- Notify ALD National Office promptly of the acceptance of the fellowship.
- Upon registration, send your enrollment verification to the ALD National Office. Fellowship funds will be sent directly to the recipient's university.
Please note: You will receive an email confirmation immediately after submitting your application. If you do not receive that confirmation, the application was not submitted. Be sure all required fields and documents are completed.